A few years ago, I ran across a recipe for eggnog fudge. I decided I really wanted to try it, and my family LOVED it. Ever since, it’s been a staple every December. Of course, when I did originally attempt to follow the recipe I found, every grocery store I went to was completely out of the type of chocolate it called for. I figured it wouldn’t do much harm if I went with a sweetened white chocolate. As it turned out, it made the fudge extra rich. For most of my family and I, this was perfect. However one extended family member found it far too sweet . If this is the case for you, I suggest using unsweetened white chocolate pieces. Enjoy this delicious holiday treat!
– Supplies –
– Ingredients –
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter, salted
- 12 oz. of sweetened white chocolate melting pieces
- 3/4 cup of eggnog
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (plus extra for topping)
- (1) 7 oz. jar of marshmallow topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Instructions –
- Bring butter, sugar, and eggnog to a boil over medium heat. Heat to 235° F. Stir non-stop!
- Remove from heat. Pour white chocolate, and nutmeg into mixture. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pour mixture into a 8″ or 9″ foil lined pan. Sprinkle additional nutmeg on top for effect, and let cool in refrigerator until solid.